Position Title Synthetic Organic Chemist (HBO (Bachelor)/Master)
Work Location Oss, The Netherland
Functional Area Research & Development
Job Type Full Time
We are looking for a motivated Synthetic Organic Chemist (HBO / Master) to join our research team in Oss. The focus of this challenging position is the synthesis of advanced prodrugs for oral drug delivery. You are expected to make use of modern synthetic methods to prepare the desired molecules. You will apply existing synthetic routes, but you are also expected to contribute to the design of alternative approaches to achieve desired outcomes. You will work in a small team with short lines to the management team. Your work will involve collaboration with (large) pharmaceutical companies, but you will also work on developing our own pipeline.
- conduct synthetic organic chemical experiments, purifications and analysis
- develop new synthetic routes
- keep up with the project literature
- routinely apply new insights into synthetic activities
- provide a contribution to patents and publications
- Completed HBO (bachelor)- or Master degree in (bio)organic chemistry
- Demonstrable experience and affinity with organic synthesis
- Familiar with modern synthetics and purification methods
- Familiar with modern analysis technics (NMR, UPLC-MS)
- Experience with chemical search programs (eg. SciFinder or Reaxys) and electronic literature systems
- Capable to work according to the safety regulation
- Strong collaborative and communication skills with entrepreneurial and result-oriented spirit
- Previous experience in a Pharma industry setting is an advantage
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- License to work in the EU
A challenging and independent position with plenty of room for your own ideas. Good working conditions, including a pension plan and development opportunities. You will enter a company with an informal and personal culture with different nationalities. We are a young company, and you will help shape the company through your work.
PharmaCytics is a pharmaceutical Research company, specialized in synthetic chemistry, and produces bioactive molecules to study and manipulate biological systems. The company has extensive expertise on medicinal chemistry and drug delivery, with emphasis on advanced prodrug technology.
We are a team of scientists and business experts, highly motivated to develop new and value-added therapies to relieve medical issues of patients. Our focus is to provide innovative solutions for drug delivery by facilitating transport of biomolecules through cellular membranes. By combining knowledge of cellular processes with medicinal chemistry expertise, we have developed proprietary technology to solve absorption problems of (oral) medication by exploiting the high transport capacity of specific carrier proteins. The technology also holds promise to facilitate uptake of anticancer drugs into tumor cells and to enable passage of CNS active compounds through the blood-brain barrier.
Your efforts developing advanced prodrugs will be meaningful for patients, because they e.g. have fewer side effects, higher efficacy and/or they can be converted from intravenous (IV) to orally administered drugs.
For more information about PharmaCytics and our Technology, please refer to our Technology.